So as the title says, I officially started the update to 1.6.2., after the release of all the APIs we need. Granted this is somewhat later then I had hoped, but life got in the way. But now I’m in it and committed to finish this as soon as humanly possible. Here I wrote the general things needed to do an update, so you can somewhat see, what goes on when we have to update the mod. First things first:
- – Update all the files, install Forge. (Takes forever, but gets all the files I need)
- – Update the APIs and the .jar libraries, update eclipse workspace
- – Have a heart attack upon seeing the errors, fall into depression, start to work out where to start.
(Here you can see the extent of the damage)
- – Fix errors one by one, until you can finally start the game and see it has a million bugs.
- – Fix bugs, do a test build at the end, test test test.
- – Make everything ready for a release.
Hope this helps some people understand the work and time we put into this, making every single version compatible, and ready for everyone to enjoy. If you want to know some other stuff about how things are done, ask below and I will try to explain or show.